Microsoft Outlook leads over every other email management tool as a reliable and efficient tool for official purposes. Besides, the fact that one can link all the email addresses from renowned service providers make it preferable to users worldwide. Even managing the email address is pretty easy with this application with readily available options and features.
Well, one of the drawbacks of this application that most users face is a network error with the code [pii_email_5b2bf020001f0bc2e4f3]. Although it is solvable, frequently confront with such glitches in an essential software for an organization is quite irritable. Well, not for you anymore!
Here, you are about to know the 3 effective ways using which you can fix this error permanently. So, let’s dive in!
Why is the error [pii_email_5b2bf020001f0bc2e4f3] caused?
If you have come across this error in your Microsoft Outlook software, you must know that the error code refers to the improper functioning of your software. Some of the reasons behind the cause of this error include
- Improper installation of the Outlook Software is one of the top reasons behind the pop-up of this error code. Lack of proper setup messes up with the connection with the server thus causing this server.
- Software is not compatible with your OS version
- Outdated Outlook version
- Misconfigured Outlook settings
- Problem with SMTP configuration
- Multiple accounts in Outlook
How to fix the error?
- Use VPN
There are times when your network provider can block a few of the Outlook services from their network. This often occurs, when you get to a completely new location or travel abroad. So, it is better to try using VPN. Several VPN apps are available on the play store and can be used at ease. By using this software, you can change your IP address and access the content that is restricted in your present location.
- Reinstall Microsoft Outlook
If you are using an exe file from a random website, chances are the server has recognized it as a pirated one and thus refusing the request from your system. In such a case, you need to reinstall the outlook software again.
You can uninstall the software by going into the Control panel from your system settings. This would probably fix the issue.
- SMTP configuration
Issues with the SMTP configuration also lead to this error. So, it is better to configure the port number, email, user name, and password of your system. For this, you need to follow the steps provided below
- Go to the control panel and select “Mail” from it
- Select “E-mail accounts” from it
- Click on the email address you want to register with
- Head to the “more settings” option
- Now, go to the advance tab and check the IMAP and SMTP port numbers. You need to ask the server administrator concerning those numbers. But, most of the users get well-configured with 993 and 465 respectively.
If any of these ways won’t work and you need to use your Outlook account on an urgent basis, try using its website. It works with similar functions and options and won’t confront such error codes often.